All of these ideas start with a clean empty soup can with no jagged edges. For some you may want to peel off the labels, others you might just leave the labels on!
And a few more easy ways to recycle empty soup cans:
3. Use a nail and hammer to poke hole sin the bottom of sop cans and use as herb planters. Place a plastic lid under can to prevent rust stains.
4. Make Candlesticks (great tutorial from "Me Making Do")
5. Make a Flower-Shaped Cookie Cutter.
6. Make a Hanukkah Gift out of a soup can.
7. Make a Christmas Luminary out of a soup can : First, wash the can thoroughly and fill with water. Put the can in the freezer until water is frozen, This will keep the can from denting when you are hammering on the sides of it. Using a hammer and nail(s), hammer Christmas themed words or designs into the sides of the cans (labels removed.) Then place a votive candle inside, and light up dark rooms with glowing festive walls.
8. Cover empty soup cans with extra wallpaper, shelf paper, fabric, etc... and use for storage for so many different things!
You Might Also Want to Read:
Inexpensive Homemade Eye Mask!