1. Eat at home all weekend.
2. Make your own coffee at home this weekend.
3. Stay away from bookstores and magazine counters; Visit the library.
4. Make casseroles and breakfast burritos for next week's menu.
5. Do not rent any movies--visit the library!
6. Play with the kids in the backyard. Skip bowling alleys, malls, theaters, etc.
7. Switch to CFL lightbulbs this weekend, if you haven't already. (You can save up to $30 a month by using CFLs instead of regular light bulbs.)
8. List your books that are sitting on shelves and in attics on half.com
9. Make a Christmas List and start planning homemade gifts to make this year.
10.Drink water, not soda, this weekend.
11.Eat meatless meals this weekend.
12. Plan next week's meals and just buy the items needed for the menu.