1. American Girl Dolls. Think Samantha, Nellie, and others popular just a few years ago. If you have a teen daughter, the American Girl doll she loved so much as a child probably is a collectors' item now. Many dolls are no longer available in stores, and collectors are on the look out for them. You can easily get twice what you paid for one having an outfit and in good condition. A doll with a few changes of clothes plus some accessories recently fetched $372.
2. Brand Name Kids Clothes - Think Juicy Couture, Ambercrombie, Aerostople, and American Eagle).
3. Kitchen Equipment- Think bread makers, juicers, stand mixers and ice cream makers.They should be in excellent working condition though, and having the original box is a big plus.
4. Exercise Equipment. Think large as well as small exercise/work out items. Treadmills and bigger items you can always list as 'pick-up only. Think about those exercise balls, mini trampolines, even a collection of exercise DVDs might bring you some extra money.
5. Used China. Think individual pieces, not sets of china. Why? The secret to selling china on eBay is not to sell an entire service as one lot but to list individual pieces, since your target customer wants replacements for her own incomplete set. Seven bidders wanted the Lenox Country Romance serving platter, driving the price above $61.
6. Vintage Children's Books. Think Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys. Books you liked as a child can sell well on Ebay it seems, especially if still in good condition. First or early editions of many of the classics -- Nancy Drew, Doctor Dolittle, and others -- are collectors' items, and individual books and multivolume sets are big. Recently on eBay a first edition copy of the Hardy Boys Secret Warning changed hands for $280 after having been bid up by six bidders, and a 38-volume set of vintage (but not first printing) Nancy Drew books earned $602 with 30 bidders!
7. Wedding/Bridal Items. Think beyond the wedding gowns (which are big sellers of course,) and remember items such as ring bearer pillows, decorations, and accessories. One of the hottest bridal items selling on Ebay now are J Crew bridesmaid dresses (usually worn just once, right?).
8. Electronics. Think cameras, smart phones and laptops. If you have recently upgraded, Ebay buyers are looking for your old one, especially if it is an up-to-date model in perfect working condition.
9. Classic Rock 'n' Roll T-Shirts. Think Bruce Springsteen on his 1975 Born to Run tour. T-Shirts of famous bands that are from concert tours early in their careers, or that relate to an early album release, are hot sellers on Ebay thanks to the many serious collectors.