Got salt? Then you have an inexpensive solution for some common household problems. Here are six household uses for salt:
1. Salt can help dissolve greasy build-up in sink drains and help get rid of odors. Just mix about a 1/2 cup of salt with 4 cups of hot water,and then slowly pour the solution down your drain.
2. Salt can help your fresh cut flowers last longer. Just sprinkle 1 tsp. of salt into the water in the vase before putting in the flowers (remember to cut the stems first.) The salt gets rid of bacteria and provides nutrients flowers need to stay fresher longer.
3. For spotted and stained glasses, soak the stemware overnight in a solution of salt (about 2tsp.) and a quart of vinegar. In the morning rinse the glasses and enjoy the sparkle.
4. Salt can make peeling hard-boiled eggs easier. Before putting eggs in the pot to boil, pour in 1 tsp. of salt. The shells should come off easier and without breaking.
5. Sea Salt makes an inexpensive exfoliating scrub. Rub some sea salt on damp skin when you are in the shower. The salt will slough off dead skin cells, and after you rinse off, your skin will be baby-soft!
6. Got weeds growing between the cracks in sidewalks and driveways? Shake some salt at the base of the weeds, and you should see the weeds die pretty soon.