Welcome to our website !

3 Interesting Cooking Tips: Who Knew??

By April 25, 2012


I came across some fun cooking tips on the back of an old calendar I found stashed away in kitchen cupboard  (for what, I don't know...) that by themselves may not save you bundles of money, but are fun to try out nevertheless.

1. When making fresh squeezed lemonade, try dropping the lemons in hot water for a few seconds before squeezing. By doing this, you should be able to get twice the juice out of each lemon you squeeze.

2. If you only need half an onion for a recipe, save the half with the root - it is said to last longer.

3. More than once I have opened a carton of eggs in my refrigerator only to find a cracked one, which annoys me immensely. I found this tip which says by rubbing salt generously over the egg, you will still be able to boil it! ( anyone try this before, and if so, did it work?)

You Might Also Like

0 comments