Welcome to our website !

New Year's Resolutions: Simple Steps To Making Them Stick

By December 30, 2011 , , ,


Are you setting New Years Resolutions this year? I am, but I am keeping it simple by really focusing on just one goal that I want to accomplish everyday. I know me - and I know if I don't make it do-able and small, I will fall off the 'resolution train' before it even leaves the station.

So what goal am I setting for myself? Promise to not giggle? Seriously, now....promise.

Okay, here it is:

1. To save one dollar every day.

That's it.

(I hear you giggling)

And guess what? I started this resolution early-like mid-December. And guess what else? I have saved over $60. (Now who is laughing??)

Yea, you might think that $60 is not possible just by saving $1 a day for about 15 or so days (I can't remember the exact date I decided to start this) - and of course you would be right. The thing is, when I started saving that dollar every day, I found myself getting more and more motivated to save more. So whenever I could add a few more dollars, I did.

The key for me is to set a goal that is attainable so I will follow through. I have set resolutions in the past, like most people do, but I did not stick to them. General or difficult to do resolutions will probably not work in my opinion. Setting small, specific, and easy goals will not only increase your chances of success, it will undoubtedly inspire you to make more changes for the better in your life.

$1 a day.

My New Year's resolution. Let's see where it leads.

Wishing Everyone a Happy and Blessed New Year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments