Some time ago I wrote a post on some money-saving ideas using lemons. I thought I would share more tips that I have since come across. After all, finding little ways to save a little money each day can add up to a pretty nice savings before you know it.
1. Use lemons, save a lettuce! Add the juice of half a lemon to a bowl of cold water. Then put soggy lettuce in it and refrigerate for 1 hour. Make sure to dry the leaves completely before putting them into salads or sandwiches.
2. Get rid of mineral deposits and polish tarnished chrome without buying expensive cleansers: simply rub lemon rind over the chrome and watch it shine! Rinse well and dry with a soft cloth.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to your dish-washing soap to dissolve grease on dishes and pans.
4. Clean tough food stains on wood and plastic cutting boards by squeezing lemon juice on the stains. Wait 20 minutes then rinse.
5. Use lemons to neutralize odors: Simply cut a lemon in half and place both halves, cut side up in a dish. The air will smell fresher with a lemony scent soon!
6. Use lemons to help remove warts: Just apply a little lemon juice right on the wart. Do this for a few days until the acids in the juice dissolve the wart completely.
7. Got dandruff ? Use lemons to help stop the itch and get rid of flaky dandruff. Massage 2 Tbs. of lemon juice directly on the scalp, then rinse with warm water. Next, mix 1 teaspoon lemon juice in 1 cup water and rinse your hair with it. Repeat this daily until your dandruff disappears. No more itchy scalp, and your hair will smell lemon-fresh.
8. Before spending money on expensive age spot creams, try applying lemon juice directly on the age spots.e Leave on for about 15 minutes, then rinse your face completely. Lemon juice is known to safely and effectively lighten skin spots.
9. Instead of buying bleach, use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle to brighter up your favorite whites.
10. Did you know that fleas and roaches hate the scent of lemons? To naturally repel these bugs, mix the juice of 4 lemons (along with the rinds) with 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water and wash your floors with it.
There are endless ways to use lemons around the home it seems. What are your favorite lemon tips?