You can save money (every little bit counts after all) by freezing left-overs instead of throwing them away. Here are a few simple ideas to put those ice trays to use and save money at the same time:
1. Pour left over soup into the trays and make handy soup cubes. Easy to take out and microwave in a bowl for a little one's lunch.
2. For freezing and storing homemade baby food (just steam and puree veggies, and add water until you get to the desired consistency).
3.Freeze tomato paste so you always have some on-hand when a recipe calls for one or two tablespoons.
4. For freezing freshly chopped herbs.
5. If you are making something that only calls for egg yolks, use the ice cube trays for freezing whites to thaw out and use later.
6. Pour left-over wine into an ice cube tray to use for making sauces and soups later.
7. Avoid wasting fruit by freezing fresh lemon and lime juice or other juices to drop into iced teas or water for an added fruity twist. twist!