1. Clogged Drains: Use Alka-Seltzer and Vinegar to for clogged sinks (forget the harsh chemicals!!) Just drop two crumbled Alka-Seltzer tablets into the drain. Then add a cup of white vinegar. Let the solution fizz for twenty minutes, then flush with warm water.
2. Mirrors: Try this simple homemade window cleaner. In a spray bottle, combine 1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup water and 1 Tbs. white vinegar. shake and spray.
3. Got Ants? Sprinkle cinnamon across the point of entry where the ants are coming in from. Ants avoid cinnamon and will not cross a line of the spice.
4. Homemade Spot Remover: Make a paste of baking soda with warm water and rub over the spot.
5. Black Heel Marks on Vinyl Floor: Squirt some non-gel toothpaste onto the smudge mark and rub in a circular motion with a soft cloth. Rinse with water.
6. Shine Up Brass and Copper With Ketchup. Just coat the surface of brass and copper items with a thin layer of ketchup. Let sit for 20 minutes. The acids in the ketchup react with the tarnish to remove it. NOTE: Rinse and dry right away.
7. Bathtub Rings? Instead of expensive chemical cleaners, try a paste of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide to get rid of bathtub stains. Put 4 Tbs. of cream of tartar into a small bowl and add hydrogen peroxide a 1/4 tsp. at a time until a thick paste forms.Apply with an old toothbrush and let dry. Rinse and the ring around the tub should be gone.