Try these money-saving beauty tips from Cosmopolitan.com, and put your money in a savings account instead of the make-up counter!
1. Use cinnamon oil as a natural lip plumper! Cinnamon is the active ingredient in many expensive lip plumpers, but you can get cinnamon oil at natural-food stores for a lot cheaper and it will plump your lips naturally.
2. Save on shampoo by washing your hair every other day instead of every day. Not only will this be better for your hair (too much shampooing can dry out your hair), your shampoo will last longer.
*tip* sprinkle a little baby powder on your roots to absorb any oil in between shampoos.
3. Use Pepto Bismo to help fight pimples. Just smooth a layer of the liquid on your face like a mask, and rinse off after it dries. It works like a salicylic acid to tighten your skin and reduce redness.
4. Use regular olive oil for soft skin. Put a few drops on a cotton ball, and dab on flaky spots, avoiding any breakout zones. Then steam your face over a hot bowl of water to help it sink in.
5. Buy shampoo and conditioner in the biggest size that you can find — they are more cost efficient that way.
6. Buy bar soap over body wash — they will save you money, last much longer, and create less waste, so they're better for the environment.
7. Make your own body scrub by mixing brown sugar and honey into a paste.
8. An apple-cider vinegar ($1.29-ish at the grocery store) rinse works like clarifying shampoo and leaves your hair with great shine.