Here are some quick tips on this Wednesday--the first day of October!
1. Turn off the compute/laptop at night.
I admit I am so guilty of not doing this simple thing--and guess what? Leaving the computer on 24/7 is one of the biggest drains of electricity.
2. Try shopping at consignment stores for great values on clothes and more. Consignment stores are different than thrift stores because they have high standards for what they'll accept and thrift stores just tend to sell whatever is donated to them regardless of condition. Also, check out consignment stores in high end locales.
3. Size up a sale When you find a great sale on kids clothes, buy the current size of the item, plus the next size up.
4. Turn of running water. Don't let the water run wen brushing teeth and washing dishes. By turning off that running water you can save up to two gallons of water a minute!
5. Use only your debit card (no cash!) for a week. You can track your spending and chances are that you will cut back on impulse buying (don't really need that pack of gum after all) if you have to go through the process of using your card. Just give it a try...what have you got to lose?