Want to be a millionaire, or at least become more money savvy than you are now? There is an article on six traits common to millionaires over on Savvy Sugar that might get you started in the right direction. 2010 is fast approaching, bringing a fresh start with it. Why not take some time now (in-between Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts and stressing in general), to start gathering your money plans for next year? Check out these six common habits of millionaires:
1. Learn from your mistakes. Instead of getting stuck in regrets and frustration, learn from mistakes and get value from them going forward.
2. Whether you can afford to pay top dollar or not, don't skip the process of comparing prices and seeking out deals-- the wealthiest of people will still look for value.
3. Find your niche. Most people who earn big bucks have found a niche that increases their demand and therefore, their paychecks. Doing what everyone else does probably won't make you rich.
4. Watch where your money goes. Money-savvy people know where and how their money is spent. They also pay attention to their saving habits.Bottom line: be accountable for your personal finances.
5. Watch those extra fees. People with nest eggs watch out for extra fees, and avoid them at all costs. A smart habit to get into that can definitely save you money. Pay bills on time, return video rentals on time, be aware of credit card fees, cell phone provider fees, etc...
6. Check out Savvy Sugar (I'm bad, I know!) to find out the last trait of millionaires. Hint-- it has to do with believing.
How do you plan on getting money smart in 2010?