I love easy meals that I can make quickly without spending much time or money. So this recipe from Birds Eye fit the budget bill very nicely, and what's even better--it is a one skillet meal!
Chicken Enchilada Skillet Casserole
- 1 bag frozen vegetable medley such as Broccoli, Corn and Peppers (a 1lb. bag works well)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (2.25oz)
- 1 can diced tomatoes, not drained (14.5oz)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (hint**left over chicken works perfectly**)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz tortilla chips (optional) or tortillas (optional)
In large skillet, combine vegetables, seasoning mix, tomatoes and chicken; bring to boil over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Cover; cook 4 minutes or until vegetables are cooked and mixture is heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 2 minutes more or until cheese is melted.
Serve with warm tortillas or corn chips if you like, and maybe add the very inexpensive Cucumber Salad as a side. Serve some vanilla ice cream with berries for a yummy dessert.
Check Out: Money Saving Lemon Chiffon Cake