Put on some Christmas music and take a deep breath! Now, don't you feel a tad bit better? Yes, it is almost Christmas Eve and you may be having a panic attack (or two) with funds low and names still on your list, but there is still plenty of brainstorming time left. So here are some last minute Chistmas gift ideas that are cheap but still wonderful to give:
1. Make a collage of pictures and frame it. You can always use a frame that you have at home already.
2. Make some salt dough Christmas decorations for gifts. Use cookie cutters to make decorations, make hand prints, make dog and cat paw prints for animal lovers on your list, etc.
3. Have your kids draw, paint or sketch "masterpieces", have them date and sign their artwork, and then frame them for grandparent gifts from the heart!
4. Visit your local drugstore and get some creative inexpensive gifts such as:
Variety of tea bags and a new mug (wrap in cellophane with festive ribbons.
Buy a package of plastic spoons and chocolate bars. Melt the chocolate, dip the spoons, and let dry. Wrap the spoons in cellophane for "chocolate spoons" that someone can stir their coffee, tea or hot chocolate in! Add a new mug to put the spoons in if you'd like too!
Buy a couple pairs of cozy socks, ball them up and place in a basket with one or two paperbacks, and some cocoa.
5. No money left but names on the list? Look around your home for ideas. Maybe you have some hardcover books still in good condition? Or a nice mug you have rarely used? How about tea bags or flavored coffees in your cupboard? Make a homemade calendar and fill in dates where you will take someone out to dinner, the movies, clean their house, babysit, etc. Wrap or make baskets with the "loot" you find just laying around your house!
Focus on each person left on your list; Visualize what they like, hobbies or interests they have and try and think of gifts that fit in with those.
6. For a cook, how about giving one of your nicer mixing bowls and inside have recipes nicely hand written with the yummiest recipes you have or find in cookbooks or on the Internet.
7. Pet Lovers? How about baking some treats for their pets? You can find easy recipes on the Internet that don't require a lot of ingredients.
Merry Merry everyone!!