Welcome to our website !

If You Give An Ant Some Coffee, They Will Leave Your Home!

By June 17, 2013 , ,

Use Coffee As a Natural Ant Repellant

Hot summer days seem to make ants more determined than ever to get inside your home. In the past, I have used ant traps and repellents to get rid of ants in my house. This summer I am going to save my money try yet another use for coffee grounds. This is an all natural remedy (yay!) that is said to really work!

{I really hope so, anyway.}

How To Use Coffee To Keep Ants Out Of Your House This Summer!

This cheap idea sounds simple enough. Just put coffee grounds in small paper bags and seal the bags with tape. You can also make your own coffee sachets - just wrap some coffee grounds in pieces of soft cloth. Tie the ends of the cloth together with string or yarn. Place the bags or sachets anywhere you have seen ants in your home.

Every other week or so replace the grounds to keep the scent fresh.

From what I have read, the coffee smell is an ant deterrent itself. Plus, coffee - or the caffeine in the coffee - is said to be toxic to ants should they manage to ingest it.

If giving ants some coffee really does work to get rid of them, I will be more than happy to share mine!

You Might Also Like

0 comments